DIY in the magazines

Friday, April 8, 2011
I have a confession to make. Up until a couple of years ago I detested fashion magazines. Particularly high fashion magazines. I always felt that they were full of pressures - to be thin, to buy expensive things, to be up with the latest trends, to use the latest skin firming lotion blah blah blah. But ever since I cemented my love of DIY - I've been able to see fashion magazines for what they are, absolutely overflowing with inspiraton. Editorials can be particularly inspiring for DIY, the good stylists seem to have great DIY skills. My addiction to fashion magazines has grown and grown. I'm even contemplating taking out a couple of subscriptions now - something I never would have dreamt of a couple of years ago. Here's a few pics from a sunday breakfast DIY hunt. Can you spy any DIY ideas?
Rope soled heels, banana handbag, backless dress. DIYable? yes-sir-ee.