Whats in my suitcase: Malaysia

Wednesday, May 4, 2011
I have lots of travel planned this year (not going to bore you with the full details) so I've decided to make 'what's in my suitcase' a regular post. Living in an international city like HK really allows you to get out and see other parts of the world. And while we got out and about a fair bit when we were living in London, destinations around Asia are so very cheap to visit and stay in. Hopefully we'll have racked up a few air miles by the end of the year. Although I'm sure my mum is sweating thinking about my carbon footprint - I promise I'll go out and plant some trees to compensate mum. I'm heading to Malaysia this weekend for a girls trip with a (small) suitcase of comfortable, beach friendly outfits. I chose a palette of basic blue, black and white tones with a little camel, rust and khaki thrown in. Laying the contents of your suitcase out on your bed while you pack really helps you to visualise your outfits and reduces any potential 'why the hell did I pack this?' moments. (Shop my closet here).
whats in my suitcase? (bottom to top) DIY camel shorts, Lace shorts designed by me, Whistles denim shorts, thrifted white tee, H&M khaki hooded jacket // topshop blue and white balconette bikini, American Apparel black bodysuit, thrifted nautical stripe top, Asos floppy fedora // DIY camel silk maxi skirt, DIY Gucci inspired tassel belt, leather shorts via Fashion Zen, thrifted rust coloured silk t shirt, cat eye sunglasses from ebay, studded pouch bag // River Island gladiator flats, suede ballet flats, Mango bootines, thrifted denim waistcoat, Christian Dior vintage sheer mens shirt.