The (lack of) Beauty Regime

Monday, June 13, 2011
I am definitely not a very good person to talk to about skin care. That's probably because dad is a doctor of natural medicine (homeopathy, naturopathy, acupuncture etc) and drummed into me from an early age that nothing you put on your skin will really change it - its more about what you put in your body that counts. I'm not sure if that's just what you tell your crazy 14 year old who wants to buy the whole Clearasil range after reading about it in Girlfriend Magazine (their 'clearasil best friends' advertising got me every time), but it stuck. As a result I have a somewhat unconventional beauty routine. I actually use a range of natural/herbal products on my skin including a herbal Calendula Cream as a night facial moisturizer, a thick yellow salve called Golden Seal overnight for any blemishes (pillowcase destroying but amazing), and tea tree oil for just about everything else. Best part? They seem to work so well and are inexpensive too! These two Kiehl's products are new additions - and one of my first forays into an actual beauty routine. The pollution and heat in HK mean you rarely wear make up, so products like these that clean and rejuvenate your skin are a must. Dad's probably reading this thinking 'urgh she's been completely conned'. But they feel so nice - and check out that scientific and honest looking packaging! How could they not work...?
That's my beauty ramble over with - sorry if it bored you to absolute death. Umm moral of the story? I would definitely recommend trying out some natural products if you haven't already. What's your beauty regime - do use anything random that actually works? I'd love to hear!