DIY Collar Point Embellishments

Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Ok so if you guys look at as many blogs as I as do you will have seen this little idea around the traps  (Outsapop amongst other places), collar points that look like they are off a cowboy belt. I have been seeing it over and over and haven't posted it because sometimes I worry you guys will get sick seeing things on this blog that are you've seen elsewhere. To be honest, I often feel this way about so many things I see - it often holds me back from posting. Arrgh. But I loved this look so much I just had to post about it.  I think you could also get this affect by simply painting the collar points of a shirt with paint - silver or gold or really any colour you like, I'm seeing neon yellow maybe?
Image: Vogue Russia

By the way, one of my best friends has started a blog all about classic English style called South Molton Street Style. She is a true English rose herself so who better to educate us? If you've read my Wardrobe Rehab Posts you'll remember Step 3 was all about Basics and Essentials, and my friend's blog is one amazing homage to the importance of key items in your wardrobe, which I love. Head over and check it out yo.