DIY LBD #3 - The Wrap Mini Dress

Sunday, July 10, 2011
My first video tutorial! You may remember the Side Split Wrap Dress I made a while ago, and I thought the style would make a perfect mini dress as part of my DIY LBD series. I made a short black skirt using a very basic skirt construction method (see an example here) and then wrapped the bodice section as you see in the moving image. I then put my DIY Beaded Belt over the top.

Here's the tutorial. If you can't see it pop over to my Vimeo account here where you can also watch it. Make sure it starts from the beginning as sometimes it skips forward a few seconds. You'll need about 2m of black silk fabric  of around 50cm width (in addition to the fabric for the skirt). I have a bikini top on in this tutorial to start with but you will do it without anything on.
Wearing: DIY Beaded Belt, DIY LBD, Reiss Monotone Cut Out Heels, Mac Lady Danger Lipstick