DIY Rug Bustier Top

Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Last week I posted here about the outfit that I planned to wear to the wedding while I was in Thailand, but in true Geneva style decided to change it last minute. A lovely girl over at the AP&AS facebook page commented that I should make a top out of the rugs (I am sure by now you are familiar with the rugs!), and really the rest is history. I made this cropped bustier before I went on holidays and paired it with my watermelon high waisted trousers on the day. Who said you can't wear a doormat to a wedding?
And just in case you thought a girl can't have fun while wearing a rug...
Wearing: DIY rug bustier top, A Pair & A Spare watermelon trousers, rope bag from Thailand, Karen Walker 'Number One' sunglasses, River Island tan heeled sandals, pendant necklace from a boutique in Le Marais.

ps. how cute is the elephant trainer's denim getup? oh so very Stella SS11!