DIY Shell Necklace

Monday, December 27, 2010
As mentioned in my last post, I've been hitting the beach in the south of Sri Lanka, and its been gorgeous - so quiet and wild. We've been staying in a beachside national park where the monkeys play while you're having breakfast, a big grey elephant rubbed itself against our cabin last night and you can hear the waves while you sleep. I trawled the beach this morning for some DIY materials like shells and rocks. I found this lovely burnt orange and white shell, perfect match for my shorts and straw hat. Then set about making myself this gorgeous shell necklace - why not do a little DIY while hanging by the pool? I tapped a hole into the top of a shell and passed a silver chain through it. Perfect and simple holiday DIY. If you're on the beach this Christmas why not make one yourself?

Are you following me on twitter? Blogging is light on atm but I have been uploading pics and updates to twitter so go here to get amongst it. Love getting your questions and comments. Hope you've all had an amazing Christmas!