CAPSULE WARDROBE

Sunday, August 7, 2011
Over the weekend I put together a small capsule collection of clothes, aka my 13 piece capsule wardrobe. I then played around over the whole weekend - seeing how many outfits I could put together and trying to understand whether it would be possible to get away with a wardrobe with a very small number of items. You may remember my packing guide I did here, well this project saw me further work on the theory that less is actually more when it comes to getting dressed. Stay tuned for how I went.
What's in my 13 Piece Capsule Wardrobe?
Shoes: Mango booties, black Anniel ballet flats (everyone needs a pair), New Look black wide heel sandals (interchangeable for any black heels)
Tops: A Pair & A Spare silk pocket tank, thrifted long sleeve breton top (a must!), thrifted white t-shirt
Bottoms: A Pair & A Spare black lace shorts, Whistles denim mini shorts, DIY pink mini skirt, Uniqlo dark denim skinny leg jeans
Dress: Black bodycon Whistles dress (the perfect every-occasion LBD)
Jacket: H&M Khaki hooded jacket
Scarf: multi-colour large scarf

I put these items together to challenge myself - could I be more creative with outfits when under pressure to only wear a few items? You may feel you need completely different items in your capsule wardrobe - and if the weather permitted I would definitely throw in my black leather jacket.

What would you put in your capsule wardrobe?