DIY Leather Shorts and Velvet Bow

Saturday, February 19, 2011
Thought I would show you the DIY outfit I wore this weekend. Remember these leather shorts I made when I was living in London? Well when I made them out of a pair of trousers I just rolled the hems up. I never really wore them though, something about the rolled hems put me off. I was going to sell them off as part of a re-cull of my wardrobe, but realised I could glue the hems over like I did recently to a pair of tan trousers. To do this I simply folded the hem over, ironed it down, checked it was straight and then used some superglue to glue the edges. Easy! And they look perfect. So happy to have rejuvenated them. Also hope you like the little velvet bow that I wore with my thrifted collared shirt. A bit Jason Wu no?
Wearing: Vintage collar shirt, DIY velvet bow tie, DIY leather shorts, Zara wedges (I wear these alll the time).