DIY Weekly - Tan Suede Shorts

Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Found a gorgeous pair of Guess vintage tan suede pants at my local thrift market for $60HK - about £5. They were really cute but when I tried them on they were a little bit too early 90s (friends circa season 1) for me to wear them much. Decided they would make a very cute pair of shorts. So did my usual thing and cut them off. To hem them I actually turned the hem in, ironed flat and then glued the hem down. I had noticed previously that hems on leather trousers and shorts are often glued. Was so easy and worked really well. So next time you make some leather shorts out of trousers, get some superglue and glue the hems down instead of rolling or folding.

The weather is supposed to be a smashing 25 degrees celsius this weekend (4 day weekend for Chinese NY!) and planning on getting out on the boat, these shorts will come in handy.
Before:
 After:
Wearing: DIY shorts, thrifted white tee, zara wedge boots, zara satchel, asos floppy fedora, neon orange ribbon worn as bracelet.

Are we friends on twitter? I love to ramble about DIY inspiration and upload pics of DIYs I see on the street. If you don't have a twitter account (like I didn't for agessss), think about getting one - its actually pretty fun and only a tiny bit lame haha.